Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Days 33 - 37 of 365

Day 37 of 365: What's better on a cold, rainy day then a nice warm cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows!


Day 36 of 365: Snow in Vegas! They said it would snow but I never thought it would actually stick! This is what it looked like outside when I woke up at 8 yesterday morning.
By 2 this is what it looked like in our backyard, and it was still snowing! It didn't turn to rain until around 5 yesterday. Of course Ashleigh was in heaven, she has seen snow before but it is so rare it was a nice treat. Although, I admit I am so glad I don't live in a place where it does this often. I took the girls out to play in it a bit and it took me 30 minutes just to get them dressed, we spent about 20 minutes outside and spent another 15 minutes undressing. I couldn't imagine dealing with all that every time we went out of the house.

They are saying it's supposed to snow again tomorrow but not as much as yesterday. This is only our 2nd winter in Vegas but from what I understand it's very rare to get snow at this low an elevation and for it to happen twice is unheard of, hard to believe just last week we were out at the playground in short sleeves.


Day 35 of 365: Candy Cane Reindeer, these are a tradition in our house. I've made them every Christmas for as long as I can remember , this was really the first year that Ashleigh has been able to help me make them. She actually did most of the work herself, all I did was put the glue on for her .Day 34 of 365: My husband 's grandmother gave us this clock when we got our first apartment together, almost 10 years ago. I know it means a lot to him, it's one of the few items that has stayed with us over the years through all the moves, and it's always the first thing to get hung on the walls when we move.Day 33 of 365 - Ashleigh taught Hailey to play Ring Around the Rosies, she loves it as you can see, she laughs so hard everytime they fall down.

3 comments:

Tess said...

These are great!

Eric L said...

Great job!

I can so relate to a tee shirt last week, BRRRRR this wekek, lol

Design by Jenn said...

OOh! Awesome shots!!